17 Advocates for the 17 Goals
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has appointed 17 well-known figures in statecraft, business, sports and the arts to be high-level “SDG Advocates”.
The Advocates include sitting heads of state, royalty, prominent corporate CEOs, and world-renowned artists — even living football legend Messi has accepted the task.
The 17 Advocates will essentially promote the SDGs and help “generate momentum and commitment to achieve the SDGs by 2030”.
The full list of Advocates:
- Mr. John Dramani Mahama, President of Ghana, co-chair
- Ms. Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Norway, co-chair
- Ms. Shakira Mebarak, Artist, Advocate and Founder, Pies Descalzos Foundation, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
- Mr. Forest Whitaker, Founder and CEO, Whitaker Peace & Development Initiative, UNESCO Special https://gigglesgobblesandgulps.com/buy-valtrex-500mg/ Envoy for Peace and Reconciliation
- Mr. Leo Messi, World Renowned Footballer, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
- Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium
- Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
- Mr. Richard Curtis, Screenwriter, Producer and Film Director
- Ambassador Dho Young-Shim, Chairperson, United Nations World Tourism Organization’s Sustainable Tourism for Eliminating Poverty Foundation
- Ms. Leymah Gbowee, Director, Gbowee Peace Foundation
- Mr. Jack Ma, Founder and Executive Chairman, Alibaba Group
- Mrs. Graça Machel, President, Foundation for Community Development
- Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser
- Ms. Alaa Murabit, Founder, The Voice of Libyan Women
- Mr. Paul Polman, Chief Executive Officer, Unilever
- Professor Jeffrey Sachs, Director, Earth Institute at Colombia University
- Professor Muhammad Yunus, Founder, Grameen Bank
For more information: UN Press Release